No 422 Chulia Street,
10200 Georgetown Penang
Tel : 604-2610718
Fax : 604-2610771
Booking / Enquiry
Rules & Regulations
Valid as of 21 August 2011
- The hotel is only authorized to accommodate properly registered guests. For this purpose, guests are to present their valid ID card or passport, or any other valid proof of identity to the relevant hotel employee upon request.
- The hotel is to issue guests with an accommodation pamphlet immediately upon registration, which will contain the name of the hotel, the name of the guests, the passport number with country of origin, the address of the guest, the phone number of the guest, his signature, the room number and the price for one night accommodation and the duration of the stay.
- The room tariff is not inclusive of any charges for food and beverages; these are to be paid upon ordering.
- Settlement of bills: bills must be settled on presentation either by payment in cash or valid credit cards, cheques are not accepted.
- Guests are to use their rooms for the agreed period. If the period of accommodation is not stipulated in advance, guests are to check out by 12.00 noon on the last day of their stay at the latest, and they are obliged to have vacated the room by this time or a half day rate will be charged for the first 4 hours, past 4 hours the full amount of one day occupancy will be charged.
- Check in time if the room is still occupied is approximately 2.00 pm; if the room is vacant, check in time can be earlier. In the event that the hotel has already reserved this room beforehand and the guests fails to pay attention to requests to vacate the room, or if he or she is not present in the hotel, the hotel reserves the right with a three-member committee in attendance to catalogue the guests’ possessions and to store them in a safe place so that the room can be used by the guest for whom it has been reserved.
- Keep your door lock closed when not in the room or when you are sleeping, use the chain lock on your door. We have a permanent guard in the hotel but he can’t see all rooms at the same time. The hotel will not in any way whatsoever, be responsible for the loss of guests’ belongings or any other property.
- In special cases, the hotel may offer a guest accommodation other than that which has been arranged, if it does not differ in any essential manner from that which was stipulated in the confirmed booking.
- Long distance bookings in the country or abroad from unknown guests can only be registered by receiving a minimum of 50% on the room rates, (non-refundable). On the basis of a confirmed booking the hotel is to reserve the room for the guests up to 4.00 pm only.This amount will be deposited in a Malaysian Ringgit, US Dollar, Pound Sterling and Euro Dollars account nominated by the hotel.
- All walk-in guests can pay a deposit at the reception of the hotel for their bookings.
- The full amount paid will be forfeited if guests failed to check in.
- The hotel may offer guests who ask to extend their stay in a different room to the one in which they were originally accommodated.
- Hotel keys must be deposited at the reception desk whenever guest leaves the premises and at the time of check out. A charge of RM100 will be imposed for lost keys and hotel key hangers.
- The rooms are equipped with an electrical on and off main switch key slot. Guests should remove their key hanger from the key slot when are not in the room. The electrical power is turned off upon removal of key hangers; this is to prevent any electrical short circuit.
- Keep your door and windows closed when the air-conditioner is turned on.
- Hazardous goods like gas cylinders, cooking stoves, inflammable fuels, firearms, etc are strictly prohibited in the hotel premises by guests and their visitors.
- Management rights: The management reserves the right of admission to any person in the hotel premises and to request any guest to vacate his or her room at any moment without any previous notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever. The guest shall be bound to vacate when request to do so. In default, the management will be entitled to remove the luggage and belongings of the visitor from the room occupied by the guests with a three member committee in attendance ĘC and lock the room or rent the room to another guest. This will only happen if the person(s) occupying the room(s) are disturbing the peace and / or safety of the hotel / personnel or other hotel guests.
- PROSTITUTION is strictly prohibited. The Management has the right to evict the guests.
- Guests must not move furnishings or interfere with the electrical network or any other installations in the hotel rooms or on the premises of the hotel without the consent of the hotel personnel. If any malfunction is discovered during your stay please report this to the reception and we will repair this as soon as possible.
- A guest may not use his or her own electrical appliances, which are not used for the guest’s personal hygiene and comfort. You can use electrical razors, hairdryers or charges for laptops, flashlights, Video, mobile / cell phones etc in your room.
- The bar and restaurant area are available for receiving visitors. A guest may only receive visitors in his or her room with the consent of the appropriate hotel employee during the period from 9.00am to 10.00pm upon entering this visit in the visitors’ book at the Front Desk.
- The rooms can not be used by more persons than originally booked, if more persons are admitted they will be charged accordingly (ranging from RM30 RM100).
- If the guest becomes ill or injured, the hotel can help to arrange for the guest to be taken to a clinic or hospital, all at the guest’s expenses.
- Upon departing, guests are obliged to turn off all water faucets, the lights in the room and its facilities as well as the airconditioner and to shut the door as they leave.
- Smoking is not allowed in the room for security reasons and respect for the non smoking guests.
- Washing of clothes is not allowed in the room.
- The use of WIFI in the bar, your room and restaurant area is free of charge for guest only.
- The use of the internet computer in the bar area is free of charge for guest who stays in the hotel only. All others will be charged RM10 per hour with a minimum of one hour.
- Use of the dining chairs, bar stool, and tables is free of charge for guests who stay in the hotel.
- Use of the dining chairs, bar stools, tables and WIFI is free of charge for the first hour for consuming customers. A charge of RM10 per hour for each subsequent hour.
- There will be a corkage fee of RM100 per bottle (a maximum of 1 liter) for each person bringing his own high spirit drinks. 6 bottles of 500ml water or 2 cans of 325ml soft drinks, a maximum of 6 glasses and ice will be provided by the bar.
- For security reasons, it is not appropriate to leave your child or children under the age of 10 without your supervision in the hotel room or other areas around and within the hotel premises. Running and playing in the bar and restaurant area and along the corridor is prohibited. The hotel will not be liable for any injuries as a result of these actions.
- Guests are to pay for any loss or damage of the hotel’s property caused by themselves, their friends or any person for whom they are responsible.
- Dogs and other animals are strictly prohibited in the hotel premises.
- Guests are to observe night time peace and quiet in the period from 10.00pm to 9.00am, i.e. they are not to disturb the other guests in the hotel.
- Unless stipulated otherwise in advance, guests are obliged to pay the prices for accommodation and other services rendered in accordance with the valid price list upon arrival. The bill is payable upon being presented.
- Complaints by guests and any possible suggestions for improving the hotel’s activities and facilities are welcomed by the hotel management.
- Minors under 18 years are not allowed to stay at this hotel without being accompanied by their parents or guardians.
- It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of 18 to possess or consume any alcoholic beverage, illegal drugs or cigarettes.
- Guests are obliged to observe the provisions of these House Rules. In the event that a guest is in breach of these rules, the hotel has the right to repudiate the agreement on the provision of accommodation services before the agreed period has elapsed.
For further information or queries, please contact us.
Rules and regulations might change at any time.